Personal Data and Browser Data
- The Personal Data and Browser Data (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Data”), automatically gathered from the website and our website (hereinafter referred to as “the Site” or “the Website”), by means of automated systems or freely entered by the User of this Site.
- We receive a number of different types of information about you, including:
- The information that we ask for when you sign up for the website, as well as the information you choose to share.
- Required information such as your name, email address, birthday, and gender. We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. We do not use such addresses for any other purpose and do not share with outside parties.
- Usernames and User IDs, which are used to identify you on JeffreyO.com. A User ID is a string of numbers and a username.
- “Public Information” which means the information you choose to make public, as well as information that is always publicly available.
- Parties processing the data.
- We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies or during an emergency as determined by law enforcement authorities. Generally, we will only use your information within our company. However, sometimes we use third parties to process your information (for example as credit card payment providers). We will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and we will require that they not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
The Uses of the Data Collected by JeffreyO.com
- JeffreyO.com uses non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our Web site and to use in research and trend analysis. For example, we may tell an advertiser that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our Web site, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out a site survey or form, but we would not disclose anything that could be used to identify those individuals. We only provide data to our partners, if any, after we have removed your name and any other personally identifying information from it, or have combined it with other people’s data in a way that it no longer personally identifies you.
- The anonymous and aggregated data also may be published through various media platforms/academic journals. No personal identifying information will be tied to the results, and JeffreyO.com will not share anything that could be used to identify your account or your private information.
- From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will contact you before we use your data for these new purposes to notify you of the policy change and to provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses.
- JeffreyO.com stores data only for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above and for legal protections or as required by applicable laws and regulations.
- JeffreyO.com may enable access to public information that has been shared through our services.
- JeffreyO.com may allow service providers to access information so they can help us provide services.
- We may also disclose your information to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential.
- As required by law, which can include providing information as required by a court order.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, to investigate fraud, or to respond to a government request.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of JeffreyO.com’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information maintained by the Site is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; and to analyze and improve the services offered on our website, e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
- Certain information is needed to provide you with services, so we only delete this information after you delete your account.
- Some forms of processing (sending promotional information, commercial profiling, behavioral advertising, geo-location, etc.) may require the express consent of the User. Specific information may be shown on the pages of the Site in connection with particular services or processing of Data provided by the Site User.
- JeffreyO.comuses industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site. If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at JeffreyO@JeffreyO.com. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos you specifically grant JeffreyO.coma non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with JeffreyO.com (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- Protecting the Privacy of your fellow JeffreyO.com users.
- During your use of JeffreyO.com, you will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on JeffreyO.com.
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access JeffreyO.comusing automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission:
- You will not run malicious software, code, or viruses on the website or site.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not abuse, bully, intimidate, or harass, or impersonate another User.
- You will not post content that is threatening, racist, hateful, pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not provide any false personal information on JeffreyO.com or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission. You will not create more than one personal profile. You will not attempt to another user’s account unless they have given you permission. You will not change the name that you registered with after you have already been approved for the website.
Copyrights: JeffreyO.com and Protecting Other People’s Intellectual Property Rights
Portable Electronic Devices
- JeffreyO.com is available on a variety of portable electronic devices. We provide our connection to mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees, may still apply. You provide all rights necessary to enable JeffreyO.com users to sync (including through an application) their contact lists with any basic information and contact information that is visible to them on JeffreyO.com, as well as your name and profile picture.
Your Use of Your Personal Data
- If a JeffreyO.com user utilizes the Platform to publish or otherwise share their own Personal Data or Contact Information with third parties, he or she assumes full responsibility for any further use of that Data or information.
- Arbitration of disputes - Client and Company agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims between Client and Company that arise out of or relate in any manner to JeffreyO.com, JeffreyO.com’s training programs, or any other services provided, supported, or endorsed by the Company.
This Dispute Resolution Agreement does not preclude any party from seeking an individualized preliminary injunction or a temporary restraining order until a claim is arbitrated, or from bringing an individualized action in small claims court, in any court that has jurisdiction; provided that the arbitrator will have exclusive jurisdiction to finally resolve claims not within the jurisdiction of a small claims court. This Dispute Resolution Agreement also does not forbid Client or Company from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies.
Client and Company agree that, by entering into this arbitration agreement, all parties are waiving their respective rights to a trial by jury or to participate in a class or representative action. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Dispute Resolution Agreement. With respect to all disputes or claims that arise out of or relate in any way to JeffreyO.com, JeffreyO.com’s training programs, or any services provided or supported by the Company, this Dispute Resolution Agreement supersedes any contrary terms regarding dispute resolution in any other agreement between the parties
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on JeffreyO.com, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
Cookies on JeffreyO.com
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet, phablet, cell phone or other electronic device (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track traffic flows.
- Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyze the profile of our visitors so we can provide you with a better user experience.
- Personal identifying information: Name, address, credit card number
- We try to keep JeffreyO.com safe, but you use it at your own risk. We are providing JeffreyO.com “As Is” without any express or implied warranties. We do not guarantee that JeffreyO.com will be safe or secure. JeffreyO.com is not responsible for the actions, content, information, or data of third parties, and you release us, our directors, officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have against any such third parties.
- We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on JeffreyO.com(such as advertising or payments) By content we mean anything you post on JeffreyO.com that would not be included in the definition of information. By data we mean content and information that third parties can retrieve from JeffreyO.com or provide to JeffreyO.com through Platform. By post we mean post on JeffreyO.com or otherwise make available to us (such as by using a website application). By use we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and/or create derivative works.
- JeffreyO.comis not responsible for data lost/exposed/used due to the nature of the Internet and digital environments, including illegal actions of hackers and criminals, technical malfunctions of servers and database etc. These are the accepted risks of our Users and users of the Internet in general. You are agreeing to this standard in using our site.
- JeffreyO.comreserves the right to change this Privacy Statement at any time without notice, and only the current Privacy Statement may be considered effective. Regardless of later updates or changes to our privacy notice, we will not use the information submitted under our current privacy notice in a new way without issuing you the opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prevent that use. You agree that you will review the Privacy Statement and Terms and Conditions whenever you log on to the website, and agree with the terms therein.
- JeffreyO.comreserves the right to deactivate any user accounts that are not in compliance with JeffreyO.com’sterms and conditions.
Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, International Hospitality Institute makes no guarantees, representations, or warranties of any kind or nature, express or implied with respect to any of its certifications. In no event shall International Hospitality Institute be liable to the User for any indirect, consequential, punitive, compensatory, or special damages relating to use of any of its certifications. Notwithstanding any damages that the User may incur, International Hospitality Institute’s entire liability under this Agreement, and the User’s exclusive remedy, shall be limited to the amount actually paid by the User to International Hospitality Institute for the certification that was received.
This document reflects the entire agreement between the User and the Company and reflects a complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter. This Agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations. The Agreement may not be amended, altered, or supplemented except in writing signed by both the Company and the User.
Dispute Resolution:Arbitration of disputes.
User and Company agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims between User and Company that arise out of or relate in any manner to the use of the JeffreyO.com’s website.
This Dispute Resolution Agreement does not preclude any party from seeking an individualized preliminary injunction or a temporary restraining order until a claim is arbitrated, or from bringing an individualized action in small claims court, in any court that has jurisdiction; provided that the arbitrator will have exclusive jurisdiction to finally resolve claims not within the jurisdiction of a small claims court. This Dispute Resolution Agreement also does not forbid User or Company from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies.
User and Company agree that, by entering into this arbitration agreement, all parties are waiving their respective rights to a trial by jury or to participate in a class or representative action. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Dispute Resolution Agreement. With respect to all disputes or claims that arise out of or relate in any way to the use of JeffreyO.com, this Dispute Resolution Agreement supersedes any contrary terms regarding dispute resolution in any other agreement between the parties.
If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If the Court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party’s right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement.
This agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any conflicts of law provisions.
This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties hereto and their respective successors and permissible assigns.
User agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions, by using the JeffreyO.comwebsite.